Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My childhood friend and the daughter of one of my mother's closest friends, Karen, that I have mentioned before has passed away after a battle with breast cancer. Although she is healed now and is with the Lord she left behind a precious husband and 5 precious young children. Pray for him as he not only grieves for his wife and her presence but tries to do his job and hers too. Pray for the children as they wake in the night missing her but also that they will not be bitter or blame God for taking her. She also leaves behind a loving mother and two older sisters. And then there were two. How painful it must be to have to say goodbye to your own child. Her mother said she was there when she drew her first breath and there when she drew her last. She was the baby of the three girls. I know to her sisters it is as though they have lost a part of themselves. My heart aches for their loss of her here on this earth, but I rejoice that they will be with her again someday.

5 comments:

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

Oh how sad.

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

So sorry. Thoughts and prayers for her friends and family...

Traci Anne said...

They're in my prayers :-\

sle said...

Thinking of you and your friends family.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear this. My prayers are with the family.