Sunday, September 23, 2007

When did I go blind?


I could see at the beginning of Summer. Then I started to need reading glasses. Now I think I need contacts. I am farsighted and my arms Just aren't long enough. I can't ever tell who is calling on my cell quick enough to answer it before knowing who it is. How did this happen so quickly. I've been told there is no Lasik for farsightedness. Well, I haven't been to the Dr. yet. Maybe he'll have better info. One thing I know nothing about is what is fashionable in eye glasses. So I'll probably go the contacts route. I did find these cute reading glasses at Snappy Turtle, now if I could keep up with them. I totally get the granny chain thing now.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Haha, that's me, needing "granny glasses"...sometimes it's hard to read up close....never experienced that before! Uuugh
At least there are some cute pink ones!

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Oh my gosh, this is too funny. I'm in the middle of this "situation" too! I finally made an appt with an eye doctor and I went just last week, just to get a basic exam. Everything is fine, it's just my mid 40s eyes are finally giving out. He said I made it a lot longer than most. I now have a bunch of reading glasses (1.25) all over the house so they are handy when I need them, because I'm always reading something.

I think it's the final nail in the coffin (no pun) in my fight to ward off that "feeling old" phase of my life. I feel like a granny when I put them, so I'm losing the fight. Sigh.

sle said...

You and me both girlfriend! I recently had my contacts "upgraded" and now I have to wear reading glasses! Guess I will need bifocals next..haha!

insanemommy said...

Oh my gosh. It hit me at 40. Too weird. I've worn glasses/contacts since the 4th grade but because I was nearsighted. Can't see from a distance for a darn. I have my "readers" all over the house. Literally. I can't even trim my nails or my babies (2 year old twins) nails without putting on my glasses. I also bought the chain but glasses kept slipping off the chain. Frustrating...... Good luck.